SPOTIFY’S NEW ORIGINAL PODCAST “WHAT NOW? WITH TREVOR NOAH” LAUNCHES FIRST EPISODE WITH DWAYNE “THE ROCK” JOHNSON ON THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 9
- Spotify’s new highly anticipated original podcast What Now? with Trevor Noah launches on Thursday, November 9 featuring an intimate conversation with none other than Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson.
- In the series premiere episode, Trevor is joined by Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson — “The People’s Champion” in the wrestling world, one of the hardest working actors in Hollywood, and a bonafide Girl Dad. On the first episode of What Now?, Trevor and Dwayne get real — discussing everything from Dwayne’s troubled youth and his lifelong struggles with depression, to Dwayne listening, understanding and responding to public feedback surrounding the launch of his fund following the Maui fires, and whether he’d ever consider running for President of the United States.
- The video episode is available exclusively on Spotify, with audio episodes available wherever you get your podcasts. New episodes will publish weekly every Thursday.
- You can check out the series cover art here and an image from the episode for use in your coverage here.
- Approved clips for use here.
- “What Now? with Trevor Noah” is a show wherein each episode Trevor will go deep with a special guest, including entertainers, CEOs, actors, athletes, and thought leaders. These are the kind of conversations that happen behind the scenes, full of radical candor, authentic back-and-forths, and honest reactions, with Trevor bringing to bear his classic, effortlessly playful and equally probing style.
- The series is executive produced by Trevor Noah and Ben Winston alongside Jenna Weiss-Berman and Bari Finkel; and produced by Day Zero Productions, Fulwell 73 Productions, and Audacy’s Pineapple Street Studios.
- “What Now? with Trevor Noah” is hosted and distributed by Spotify’s enterprise podcast platform, Megaphone, with Spotify serving as the exclusive sales partner.
- Presenting sponsors for the podcast include Amazon, Audi, Microsoft, Prize Picks, Smirnoff and Starbucks.
- For more information, visit Spotify’s For the Record here.